Are you a female coach looking to continue your education and maximise the development of your players?
Then the Northern NSW Football C-Licence Coaching Scholarship for Women might be for you.
Applications are now open for Northern NSW Football’s C-Licence Coaching Scholarship for Women which has been established to provide funding assistance to female coaches to complete the FFA/AFC C-Licence advanced coaching accreditation.
An initiative of Northern NSW Football, the 2020 scholarship will provide the opportunity for five female coaches to complete the FFA/AFC C-Licence which will increase the number of advanced accredited coaches within NNSWF.
Each scholarship includes a $1,000 contribution towards the course fee for either the FFA C-Licence Youth or Senior course. The total course fee is $1,185, with successful candidates to contribute the balance of the fee.
Coaches will receive ongoing support from the NNSWF Coach Development Officer and NNSWF Female Participation and Inclusion Officer. The successful applicant will be required to complete the scholarship within 12 months and attend the 2021 NNSWF State Coaching Conference.
NNSWF Head of Football Development Peter Haynes said the scholarship was a great initiative for NNSWF to continue to support after its success last year.
“It will ensure we continue to identify and support females involved in coaching within northern NSW,” Haynes said.
“Data shows us that we have significantly less females coaching as compared to males.
“The 2019 C-Licence Coaching Scholarship for Women proved that there is a significant level of interest and commitment from women and girls to undertake continued coach education and NNSWF is committed to reducing the barriers for aspiring female coaches.
“It is important as the governing body that we are investing in this area and we must not underestimate the impact that female coaches can have in our clubs and on future generations of talented players.”
Applicants must provide a letter of support from their Member Club and complete the online application form.
Scholarships will be available to:
- Females who are registered as a coach within the national PlayFootball registration system and who intend to register in 2021.
- Minimum age:
- 16 if wishing to complete the C-License (Youth)
- 18 if wishing to complete the C-License (Senior)
The scholarship addresses the following Northern NSW Football strategic goals:
- Significantly increase the participation of females throughout the sport
- Improve the technical standard of players
- Develop technically and tactically proficient coaches throughout the Talented Player Pathway
- Enhance and increased the opportunities for talented girls
- Increase the capacity of clubs and coaches to identify and develop talented players
How to apply: